Monday, February 2, 2009

New Life


Newly rescued Thyme next to it's would-be plastic coffin.

My Dad buys these "Living Herbs" products, which are a living planter of a specific herb. I'm wondering if you can just buy one, plant it, and be set. He had a basil and thyme that were a bit old and worse for the wear, and he had already bought fresh versions of those and a rosemary

I planted the old ones, and took a few sprouts from the new ones and planted those as well. I hope these plants can be rescued, so that my dad's pocketbook can be rescued too. Living in Northern California, I will never pay money for Rosemary considering how prevalent and hearty it is.

Oh, hello slightly-moldy basil. A pleasure to meet you.

I don't know much about transplanting and such, but these plants are in moist soil, and will get plenty of morning sun. They are also right outside the kitchen, which means they'll get checked more often and probably eaten more often. Go plants, Go!


The newest of the new, Rosemary joins the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment