I woke up this morning feeling none too happy in the colon region, so I figured I need some fresh whole grain delicious to clear everything out. so here's what I did:
I found the heaviest, most awesome pot I could find - it happened to be of the "Le Creuset" enameled variety - and put it on low and added dry oatmeal until it was about 1/4 to 1/3 full of oats. I then added a dash of ground allspice. The guests so far were dry toasted by stirring them for a few minutes, and some water was put in the kettle to boil.
When I felt that the oats were sufficiently toasty, I added some soy milk from the fridge to cool everything and slow the cooking party down. Once the water was boiling, I covered the oats with water and set to work rough chopping some dried mango, which immediately joined the festivities.
Of course you can't have oat meal without some butter and honey, so a half-pat of butter went in, as well as something like two tablespoons of smoked mesquite honey joined the mix as well. After tasting, the oats were still starchy, so they got more water (as much as i could safely put into the pot). Then I added some time.
The end was drawing near; I knew I would have to finish this thing, so I gathered what I had before me:
candied pecans, crushed by me
dried fruit & nut medley
cocoa powder
almond oil
one half banana, sectioned lengthwise, chopped.
Once the oats were edible (and the fridge door was re-organized, my other project of the morning), all of the above went in with a hearty stir to lift up all of the delicious that had crusted onto the bottom. If I had not stirred vigorously, the bottom would have required a soaking to clean up - but not here, no muss, no fuss. The only evidence is delicious, nutritious oatmeal - which I immediately set about devouring with the help of a dear friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment