Brewhouse Efficiency is near and dear to my heart, considering that both of my brewing internships were focused on brewhouse efficiency. Additionally, no amount of extract should go to waste, especially in tough economic times. This is an article from the beersmith on all-grain efficiency, chock-full of links to related articles.
The winds of change are active at Anheuser-Busch: most of the execs will be leaving the company when InBev takes over. This will cut costs and change the corporate dynamic: AB as it is or was will never be again. Even if the deal falls through, as the rumor mill will tell you, AB will never be the same.
Deschutes puts out "The Dissident" - an oud bruin in the flanders style. This is another page in the sour beer story, and one I am willing to try. I have an open mind about beer, and I don't think that there are any limits to what fizzy alcoholic water can be. Having had traditional sour beer, I will be more critical of the dissident if I get to taste it, but I will let you know my opinion, dear drinker.
If you don't have the beer and food pairing chart, get it right now.
Video to compliment beer and food pairings:
Santa Cruz Grad Student makes a morphine beer, caught and tried in court.
There may be a market for gourmet beers developing in India, and this brewery wants to meet that need. I could see myself setting up breweries like this once I've established myself.
Kenya's second brewery opens. It is nationally owned, hoping to encourage customer loyalty on that front. I hope so too.
In New Delhi, an alcoholic beverage company forms.
Heineken opens a brewery in Seville, Spain.
More to come, but I have to go help my mom move.
No comments:
Post a Comment