Monday, November 17, 2008

Berries for Breakfast

My dad buys berries that are pretty well-traveled (Nicauragua, Mexico, Florida, etc...) a practice I can't really condone, but then he lets them go to waste, which really bugs me. So when I stay with him, I eat these worldly berries for breakfast, because fruit is the best way to start the day. I'd like to eat them with yogurt and muesli or granola, but those aren't available to me here. This is today's breakfast:

Blueberries from Argentina
Strawberries from ???
blackberries from Mexico
Raspberries from Watsonville, CA
Pineapple from Whole Foods (pre-cut, definitely not my style)
Half & Half from Colorado

I cut all of these fruits in half or quarter depending on size, and then added some half and half to increase the awesome. I enjoyed this fruit salad with a mix of vanilla teas - one black, one rooibos, but I wouldn't mix the two again. A nice green would work well with this.


Eat locally, but don't let anything go to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment