Thursday, September 11, 2008

iTunes 8.0

Is it wrong that the thing I enjoy the most about the new iTunes is the visualizer?

No, of course not. It's always my favorite part.

***

Today I solved a math problem in 20 minutes and 6 sheets of paper that would have taken me 5 minutes and 1 sheet in high school. I figured it out a really long way, and then looked at it again and solved it much more simply. I present it to you, internet, as a word problem.

In a lauter tun, wort is drained from the bottom of the vessel, and sparge water is added to the top. Water in, wort out. Before any water has been added, wort is run out at a constant rate W. After X barrels of wort have been collected, water is flooded at a constant rate F, while wort continues to drain. After Y barrels of water have been delivered to the lauter tun, the amount of wort delivered is exactly Z barrels less than the amount of wort collected. At this point, the amount of water added changes to match the amount wort run off. Given the aforementioned situation, how much water will be flooded in?

This is real. The first person who correctly solves it will recieve a beer of my choosing from me.

In real life, Z is a variable defined by 3 different variables, hidden in code. Curse you, Delta-V!


***

I'm going to New York tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment