Sunday, October 19, 2008

More dopamine, please.

*The new macbooks are out, sans old-school firewall. That's not a make-or-break deal for me, the $2500 it would cost for me to get one. Looks like I'll be waiting until my current g4 breaks. In the researching of my fantasy notebook, I found it interesting to see all the hardware that apple has killed. These growing pains make sense to me, and methinks I should apply the same scrutiny to my own life.

*Need to remove that pesky appendix? Why not take it out your mouth? Better out than in, I always say.

*I found this fascinating, that obesity has been linked to a genetic variation which raises expectations for but reduces the pleasure from food. This rings very true for me, and I wonder if the phenomenon can be expanded to other life experiences - how often have you been incredibly excited for something only to be dissappointed at the fruition of your labor? What role do environmental factors come to play in this, especially when we're bombarded by messages which appeal to our emotional response, stoking our desires?

*If you drive a car, you're a victim of price gouging.

No comments:

Post a Comment